Meet the team
Please feel free to contact our staff with story ideas, news tips, suggestions, or feedback.
Alisa Alering, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, US
Originally trained as a librarian, Alisa loves tracking down the science behind her stories and learning something new about technology every day. With previous experience as a freelance writer and photo editor, she has held positions at Indiana University Press, PBS, and Google and earned degrees from Penn State and Indiana University. She particularly enjoys writing about women and diversity in technology, digital humanities, and the intersection of science and the natural world.
After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in English from Indiana University, Kevin spent several years writing copy for businesses in fields ranging from cloud computing to cybersecurity. He has a deep love and curiosity for technology and strives to bring our audience the most fascinating stories in science and research breakthroughs.
Laura began writing for Science Node when she joined Indiana University’s IT Communications team in 2017. She has masters’ degrees in modern dance and library science, and she is a blogger, visual artist, and jewelry maker in her spare time. Laura enjoys writing about how technology affects people’s lives. She is especially interested in research involving health, psychology, and the environment.
After earning her degree from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business in 1993, Alicia pursued a career in sales and marketing. She joined Science Node in June 2018. Alicia makes things happen.
- Sarah Engel, editor-in-chief, July 2015 - June 2018
- Lance Farrell, managing editor, January 2015 - November 2017
- Andrew Purcell, editor-in-chief, August 2012 - July 2015
- Amber Harmon, US editor, May 2012 - December 2014
- Adrian Giordani, interim European editor and editor-in-chief, April 2012 - August 2012
- Miriam Boon, US editor, July 2009 - June 2012
- Vivian Tiän-Tiän Chang, AP editor, 2012
- Jacqueline Hayes, EU editor, April 2011-April 2012
- Dan Drollette, EU editor, May 2008 - April 2011
- Anne Heavey, US editor, May 2008 - July 2009
- Cristy Burne, editor-in-chief, 6 June 2007 - 7 May 2008
- Danielle Venton, editor-in-chief, 24 January 2007 - 6 June 2007
- Katie Yurkewicz, editor-in-chief, 16 November 2006 (first issue) - 24 January 2007