At Science Node, we need your help. We have ALMOST reached our fund-raising goal. In order to maintain our independence as a source of unbiased news and information, we don’t take money from big tech corporations. That’s why we’re asking our readers to help us raise the final $10,000 we need to meet our budget for the year. Donate now to Science Node's Gofundme campaign. Thank you!
The next Internet of Services Collaboration meeting, organized by project Hola! and the European Commission will take place on 28 and 29 September in Brussels. The detailed agenda is now available and registration to the event is now open.
Novelty: session on Horizon 2020
Apart from the parallel sessions organized by the Collaboration Working Groups, this year's event will include a dedicated session to the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme (the Framework Programme for research and innovation and the successor of FP7). This session will be preceded by a web consultation, organized through the Hola! web platform, with the objective to stimulate the discussion about the future of European research, and to gather useful information, facts, and ideas for the Internet of Services area.
The Web Consultation is divided into separate 'webinars', discussions on themes introduced by challenger experts in a field, and followed by moderated discussions supported with background materials. The list of webinars is below:
- 'Big data / linked data - harnessing the power of information' presented by John Domingue from Knowledge Media Institute (KMI), Open University, took place on 26th of July at 11:30 - 12:30.
- 'Social computing - opportunities and threats for sharing and participation' – Kevin Doolin, TSSC -2/9/2011 - 12:00–13:00
- 'Green software - less energy consumption for the software, and software for less energy consumption' – Barbara Pernici, Politecnico di Milano - 7/9/2011 - 10:30-11:30
- 'Improving the impact - standardization, open source, open innovation models'–15/9/2011 - 12:00–13:00
- 'Cloud Computing' – Keith G. Jeffery –8/9/2011 – 12:00-13:00 to be confirmed
- 'Secure and user-centric Internet' – date and time to be confirmed
How to make your voice heard on the web and during the Collaboration Meeting
The Online Consultation will take place at the HOLA! Portal in the Working Group titled “Horizon 2020 – the Framework Programme for research and innovation”. In order to fully participate in the Consultations, participants are encouraged to become members of this Working Group, after registering and obtaining the 'trusted user' status.
Apart from initially proposed themes, participants are welcome to suggest their own themes for discussion in a Forum called ‘Propose a new theme’. Participants providing the most interesting inputs will be given the opportunity to share their ideas in the form of short presentations during the collaboration meeting in Brussels on 28-29 September 2011.
For further information on the online consultations methodology, please refer to the WG page.
The Internet of Services collaboration meeting will be held immediately after a Call 8 INFORMATION DAY, which will be on 27 September 2011. Please refer to the website for the agenda and registration.
Who can attend
Participation to the Information Day is open to all those wishing to attend. Participation to the Collaboration Meeting is foreseen for FP7 ICT projects funded by Challenge 1.2 either after Call1 or Call5. Projects outside these areas, that are contributing to the Future Internet Assembly and that want to collaborate with the Challenge 1.2 projects are also welcome.