- ISC2016 set a record for attendance — over 3,000 attendees!
- Video encapsulates the highlights— watch it now!
- Big compute meets big data is a chief theme — what's to come?
If you weren’t one of the record-setting 3,000 attendees to make it to the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) in Frankfurt this year, you are in good company – we couldn’t make it either!
But fret not: The good folks at ISC have put together a brief video summarizing the annual event. It’s just like being there (minus the bratwurst and bier).
Highlights of the ISC2016 conference include:
- HPC Top 500 list – (with a new entrant at the top!) This list helps those at home keep track of who’s ahead in the global exascale race.
- Green 500 list – A ranking of the world’s most energy-efficient supercomputers. With each megawatt running about $1 million, the inclusion of the Green 500 is a sign of wiser times to come.
- Big compute + big data – Many large commercial firms are starting to adopt HPC to tackle the analytical hurdles too high for enterprise IT to handle.
- Artificial intelligence – Another highlight of ISC2016 was a focus on artificial intelligence (AI). Already transforming the world, AI will rely on scalability to meet its potential. (Enter high-performance computing.)
There’s so much more that happened in Frankfurt this summer. See for yourself!