Computing researchers and video co-hosts John Shalf and Heike Jagode discuss the day's activities at ISC'10.
Screenshot of video captured on 4 June 2010. To see these videos, visit the YouTube video channel.
Last week, nearly 1800 researchers descended upon Hamburg, Germany, to attend the annual International Supercomputing Conference.
Naturally, there has been a great deal of information coming out of the conference in the form of videos of sessions, blogs, Twitters, videos, press releases, and news stories.
Here are some of our favorite sources of information about ISC'10.
- Keynote videos - Visit this page for three keynotes, plus a video showing the highlights of the 35th TOP500 List. The videos are long, but worth the time! Note that the first video starts play automatically.
- ISC10 Twitter search - For bite-sized information on anything and everything related to ISC'10, search Twitter for ISC10, or simply click here.
- A Daily Take on ISC '10 - John Shalf, head of NERSC's Advanced Technologies Group, joined forces with University of Tennessee computer scientist Heike Jagode to create a daily video blog about the highlights of ISC'10. The videos have a high production value, and the structure and presentation is fairly entertaining. Definitely a must see!
- Blog: ISC'10 Commentary - Chris Willard comments on the major events of ISC'10.
- insideHPC's Day 1 debrief - John Leidel gives a quick run-down of his pick of the highlights for the first day of ISC'10.
- HPCWire Podcast: Highlights from ISC'10 in Hamburg - Intel Gives a Surprise Keynote; GPU Supers Save a Lackluster TOP500
- insideHPC's ISC'10 Photo albums - Including 59 photos from the conference and another 55 from the pre-conference meeting of the HPC Advisory Council.
And, for a good laugh, check out insideHPC's Overheard at ISC10.
-Miriam Boon, iSGTW