The Science Node is a free online publication, jointly funded by organizations in the US and Europe. Our team writes for experts and non-experts alike, exploring the real-world impact of advanced computing and networks.
Our coverage spans several broad categories:
- Advanced computing: High-performance computing (supercomputing), cloud computing, grid computing, novel computing, cluster computing, etc.
- Research networks: Connections that foster global science and research, and the international collaborations that fuel innovation and discovery
- Big data: Analysis, capture, curation, storage, management, archiving, transfer, visualization, etc. -- extending to the Internet of Things
- Tech trends: New and emerging tech -- in other words, research and development aimed at discovering the next big thing (or using existing tools/methods in new ways)
- Community building: Women in tech, diversity and expansion efforts, citizen science, collaborations and partnerships, etc.
We're also committed to featuring a wide variety of disciplines, ranging from science and engineering to the arts and humanities.